Clark County Mentors
Advisors, mentors, consultants. The name for a veteran homeschooler, or someone else well-versed in homeschooling who is willing to spend time with new and/or interested families.
An advisor is not the teacher. The parent is the teacher. The advisor aids the parent in beginning their homeschooling journey.
There are compensated and uncompensated advisors. It is important in your search to ask a few pertinent questions, such as:
- How much homeschooling experience do you have?
- Do you charge? If so, how much?
- Are you available throughout the year?
- What will you provide for me? support group contacts, etc?
- What is your teaching philosophy? Can you explain different ones to me?
We do not endorse any of the advisors listed. Each individual should determine compatibility with the advisor, based on family needs and expectations.