We ask that you read over our mission statement & philosophies (on our front page). If you agree with them and our achievements and goals, let us know, become a member of NHN. By becoming a member you strengthen our voice and our resolve to keep on the alert for dangers to our homeschooling environment. We are always available (Contact Us) with any concerns, questions or ideas.
Who: Any NV Homeschooling family, or any party interested in furthering homeschooling in the state of NV.
Why you should support NHN:
Nevada Homeschool Network (NHN) is an educational and political advocacy group that has successfully supported your homeschooling freedoms since 2002. In that short time we:
- became thoroughly familiar with current laws, regulations and policies in all areas that affect homeschoolers, including special education and sports
- successfully advocated legislation and regulations that protect the rights of homeschoolers and helped kill bills and/or language that would harm homeschooling
- built bridges between local school districts, the State Board of Education, and homeschoolers statewide *
- commissioned and funded an independent study that proved to legislators and other government officials that homeschoolers are not a burden on public schools
- alerted homeschoolers to harmful legislation and organized an appropriate response to legislators
- mailed copies of Dr. Brian Ray’s study on homeschooling achievement to every senator, assemblyman, and school district homeschool office in the state.
- taught monthly classes for new homeschoolers to help them understand their rights
- educated policy makers, judges, CPS workers, etc. on homeschooling rights
- organized and ran two successful annual homeschool conventions in Las Vegas
NHN Officers accomplish all of this by donating hundreds of hours every year, which they do willingly. NHN Officers have also self-funded many NHN-related operating expenses such as travel (to testify at critical government and legislative meetings), a post office box, office supplies, etc. However, the personal financial sacrifice of our officers must come to an end. We need others to join in and help with this expense through annual membership dues.
We encourage all homeschool families and advocates of homeschooling to join NHN. The larger our group, the better our legislators listen. We believe that you understand, as we do, how important the work of NHN is in defending and maintaining your right to direct the education of your children.
There are two methods to become a member of NHN.
- Our Basic Membership gives you access to legislative alerts and information on your homeschool rights posted on our website. This membership is free.
- Our Silver Membership, is a full-benefit membership that gives you all of the above, plus a $5 discount at the annual convention, a $20 discount on an HSLDA membership, future discounts as they become available, and the pleasure of knowing that you are contributing to an ongoing effort to maintain your homeschooling freedoms. This membership is only $25/year (free after discounts).
Membership dues and donations** can be sent in at any time throughout the year. Memberships are valid for 12 months. Please include an email address so that a month prior to your membership renewal date we can email a reminder to you.
Dues may be mailed to
PO Box 1212
Carson City, Nevada 89701
Payments are also accepted via Paypal (see button below).
Don’t forget to sign up for our FREE Alerts emails with Basic Membership
The Nevada Homeschool Network Officers
*To protect the rights of homeschooling families throughout the state, in 2003 NHN successfully lobbied for protective language to NAC 392, which regulates how we homeschool, won a Sports Bill, and successfully eliminated mandatory testing. During the 2005 legislature we are fighting for universal Sports availability (SB221), providing alternatives for expelled students (SB367), ensuring CPS honors an individual’s constitutional rights (SB402), deleting a resurgence of mandatory testing language (AB397), and encouraging language for diploma requirements (also in AB397).
**Tax wise, NHN is a 501c4 organization which benefits others through our lobbying efforts. Therefore, membership fees and donations are not tax deductible.
NHN Membership $25